Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Dream

Years of lusting after the ice caused me to obsess over my weight and appearance. I had to look the part, and; at the same time, be able to stretch my body to the limits. My physique had to be hard in order to withstand the possible impact of ice against soft tissue. In addition, I had to be able to sell my face to an audience and cause them to desire more of me. "How am I going to be able to do all of this and not let anyone know what I truly desired to be?" I asked myself before I shut my eyes each night. Then one night as I slept a dream came to me. In it I was surrounded by cameras and people shouting my name asking me for an autograph. I woke up in a sweat that soaked me from head to toe. I knew what it meant. The dream outlined my entire future. I didn't have to worry out being attractive or physically fit. They were natural qualities that I already possessed. This dream spoke to my soul and confirmed what I knew to be truth. I am going to figure skate and take the glory that was due to me; I am going to be rich and famous!

1 comment: